Even boys have fun with Ribbon Rings!
My mum made a some for our local handmade market and gave us the ones that didn't sell to bring along to Playgroup for all the kids to play with. Before we got to Playgroup, Lucas had already claimed his Ribbon Ring- he loved waving it around, running, jumping and seeing it follow him.
They are very easy to make, this is what you will need:-
7 lengths of different coloured ribbon
Small bells (optional)
Needle and thread
What you will need to do:-
Tie the lengths of ribbon to the ring. If using the small bells (they really do make a lovely touch), sew one or two to a length of ribbon.
Here are some ideas for using your Ribbon Rings:-
- Gymnastics or ribbon dancing.
- Great as decorations at a birthday party and then can be taken home as a thank you gift.
- Tiggy (pop the ribbon ring in the childrens pockets, kids need to grab the ribbon to be tagged).
- Create shapes and patterns in the air
- Use as a "batton" in a relay race
This is a great activity as kids can help with tying the knots. We have made basic ones at Playgroup before but I'm happy to say they loved mums ribbon rings too! Thanks mum!